Elena Rodriguez MurphyRecent college graduate with experience in software and web development, game design, and education. Currently working as a freelance developer.
- Amazon AWS
- ASK SDK
- Affinity Publisher
- Affinity Photo
The Game Band (Blaseball)
Contract Web Developer | Remote | August 2020 - current
- Developing the front end of blaseball.com using React and various frameworks.
- Updating the database using PostgresSQL.
- Examples of work include the Leaderboard, Hall of Flame, Bulletin Board, and batch voting, purchasing, and tributing.
Wizards of the Coast
LiveOps Intern | Seattle, WA | June 2019 - August 2019
- Built a prototype Alexa Skill using Node.js, Express, and the ASK SDK.
- Utilized web scraping and database/file lookup using Express and AWS.
- Built a database for the skill to check against using JSON.
Girls Who Code Loyola Chapter
Facilitator | Chicago, IL | August 2018 - December 2019 | Volunteer Position
- Organized and planned the Girls Who Code sessions alongside other facilitators, including lesson plans and projects.
- Assisted students in building final projects and organized presentations of those projects at the end of each semester.
Girls Who Code
Teaching Assistant | Seattle, WA | June 2018 - August 2018
- Coordinated with outside contractors, planned lessons, and supervised field trips.
Greenlake School-Age Care Program
Teaching Assistant | Seattle, WA | June 2017 - August 2017, Winter 2017
- Supervised and assisted the children who attended (ages 5-12) in everyday activities including arts and crafts, science projects, outdoor recess, and field trips.
- Supervised field trips and assisted in maintaining the building and space.
Loyola University Chicago
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science | Chicago, IL | August 2016 - December 2019
- Graduated with Honors, Cum Laude, GPA 3.6
- Minor in English
- Relevant Coursework: Discrete Math; Intro to Computer Systems; Data Structures and Apps; Object-Oriented Development; Design & Analysis of Computer Algorithms; Wireless & Mobile Software Development; Client-Side Web Development; Game Development